Add-on Code - Export vicidial reports to CSV

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Add-on Code - Export vicidial reports to CSV

Postby vccsdotca » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:53 am

Well i was a bit puzzled when I couldnt find an export db function (no client of mine can handle phpmyadmin etc). I spent about 8hrs (im not a coder!) and came up with a web form that exports selected vicidial tables to CSV format.

You can get the zip here -> http://www.vccs.ca/code/vicidial-export.zip

Hope it's of some use to someone!

Regards,

Matt Martin
www.vccs.ca
vccsdotca

Postby mflorell » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks for posting this!

Would you be releasing this under public domain or an OSS license like the GPL?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby vccsdotca » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:29 am

The licensing is not an issue for me. I would like to work toward becoming a partner actually and will help out with various things that I am able to.

I would like to clear one thing up. I was thinking an agent could write down customer details from a sale after the call has hung up but noticed the info page is unavailable if you're viewing the script page lastly before the disposition popup. So my question is, how are managers keeping track of sales by defualt? Are they looking up the Lead ID from the agent report and then writing the info down manually after Lead lookup?
vccsdotca

Postby mflorell » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:29 am

Many companies use custom reports, but the Agent Spreadsheet report can give you a summary of the reports, you can do a lead search from the lists page or you can set up the AST_VDsales_export.pl script to post the sales files to you at regular intervals.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Also there is a possibility you could use the WEB FORM SUBMIT instead of the standard submit during the disposition. This would give much more information and a screen that could be left open if the agent has "moved on" to other things.

But the concept of Vicidial is that this information is to be stored IN Vicidial, rep's writing down details of client's information or storing them outside Vicidial is not a good idea. Theft of client information, violation of privacy of client, storage of info that then may have "notes" that are no longer available within vicidial and therefor are only known by the one person with THAT sheet of paper ...

Web Form Submit, however, will resolve your issue of the loss of information at submission. But use it wisely. ;)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Development