Alt Dial Functionality - Read-only Fields

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Alt Dial Functionality - Read-only Fields

Postby helios2052 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:42 am

Vicibox 9.03 installation
VERSION: 2.14-807a
BUILD: 210325-2220
Asterisk: 13.29.2
Cluster Install: Dell R720s (1x DB, 1x Web, 1x Dialer)

Hello,
I have a campaign with a special requirement. They are doing outbound click-to-dial but need the ability to immediately re-dial a lead if the call drops or customer hangs up (before dispo). Normally, enabling alt-dial would give them this ability. The special requirement with this campaign is that the agents cannot be allowed to type in a number to dial. Enabling alt-dial opens up the possibility of them typing a number into the alt-dial field and then dialing it.

I looked for a way to enable alt-dialing while also making the alt-dial field read-only (to get the ability to call back the original lead phone #) but could not find a setting to make this work. I found the setting to prevent saving changes to the lead data, and while it's true that the changes aren't persisted after the call, it still allows them to type in the alt-dial field and dial. This client is a prison, so the requirements are strict that they not be able to call any number they want.

Essentially I need to make the alt-dial field read-only OR have the dial-alt number button removed while still being able to press dial lead phone # immediately after a hang-up.
Is this possible to do within vici and if not does anyone know how difficult of a feature this would be to pay someone to implement?
helios2052

Re: Alt Dial Functionality - Read-only Fields

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:09 pm

In System Settings, change the "Label Alt Phone" to '---HIDE---', it will hide the field from the agent screen but still allow dialing it when ALT PHONE DIAL checkbox is checked.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mflorell » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:43 am

Another option on this is to set the 'Label Alt Phone' to "---READONLY---Alt Phone" which will still display the field but won't allow editing.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby helios2052 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Thanks so much for that suggestion. I should have specified that I have another campaign on this server that requires the ability to edit that field. Is there any campaign-specific field options or is it only global?
I could create a new vici cluster for the one campaign using this suggestion, but wanted to see if there was any way to make this work with the two campaigns on the current installation.

Thanks so much
helios2052

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:09 am

Yes, you can do Screen Labels on a per-campaign basis, "Admin -> Agent Screen Labels" and "Campaign Detail -> Agent Screen Labels"
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support