Predictive dialing algorithm

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Predictive dialing algorithm

Postby pasqui_86 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:25 am

Hi I would like to have some clarification on the predictive call algorithm.
I configured a PBX (for details see my signature below) with 5 agents for testing. I thought about configuring the predictive method called average, but after reading some posts on the forum I saw that a small number of agents with this method is disadvantageous. To be most performing i use the ratio method. So it was done, I also set a ratio dial and auto dial level 3.0 and Available Only Tally flag set to NO. Now there is a problem, as soon as the agents logged into the system before receiving the first call may take up to 2 minutes! I know that I am aware that much depends on the goodness of the contacts in my possession, but viewing real-time report I note that the system launches a number of calls equal to: [(​​number of operators * Dial-level) - calls currently active] if I'm not mistaken, and it seems that the asterisk server when run the numbers of calls needed go to "sleep" until this issue does not come close to 0 or 0, and then be "awakened" and restart to launch calls. This makes the overall system performance are scarce because I want the system to ignore operators currently occupied, and keep constant the number of calls ringing.
What can I do to avoid this being a "pause" in asterisk?
Goautodial 2.1 CE from .iso | Vicidial VERSION: 2.4-325c BUILD: 110430-1924 | Asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici | Cloud Server (1 Webserver + 1 Asterisk Server ) | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | Json extension installed after first setup
pasqui_86

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Excellent post. I especially liked the "specs in the footer". Beautiful. Welcome to the party! 8-)

Next: Cloud server? This is likely your problem.

Next: You are approaching this from the "consumer" standpoint (my car don't work) instead of a technician standpoint.

Let's try to break this down a bit:

You have your ratio set to 3:1 (three lines per agent).

You also have it set to not care if the agents are available. So in theory if you have 5 agents logged in taking calls (not paused) it should be making 15 calls (even if the agents in question are already in a call).

First of all, you need to set "available only tally" to Yes (but if you're not dropping calls yet, I realize this is not a priority).

Secondly, you need to see if it is actually dialing 15 calls! ("before receiving the first call" is similar to "it don't work", the question is whether: 1) did it dial the calls required? this would show in calls ringing on the real time screen AND would show in the asterisk cli under "show channels" as ringing channels) 2) did anyone ANSWER any of these calls? (this will show in the asterisk CLI, the word "ANSWER" will shoot across instead of CANCEL). At this point you can determine if answered calls are not being sent to agents, or if something else is going wrong.

Mostly: You should not be running this in the cloud. I'll tell ya right now that's likely your problem. Cloud + Vicidial = so far NO winners (although a lot have tried, it's great for testing for a SINGLE agent per server!).

Try it again with a SINGLE physical server and you'll probably enjoy your testing much more ;) (Just sayin' ...)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Predictive dialing algorithm

Postby Kitty » Fri May 21, 2021 7:41 am

Hi William,

Am facing the same problem some of the answered calls are not being sent to agents in predictive dialing.Please help

VERSION: 2.14-770a
BUILD: 200922-0924
© 2020 ViciDial Group

Asterisk 13.17.2-vici,
Kitty

Postby carpenox » Fri May 21, 2021 8:46 am

Kitty, need some more information that that, what do you mean "some"? is it that agents are all on calls at the time you miss those "some" ?
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby Kitty » Fri May 21, 2021 9:08 am

No actually only 1 agent is logged in and let's say out of 10 calls 3-4 calls are being not routed to agents even when the agent is waiting for call .
Kitty

Postby carpenox » Fri May 21, 2021 11:21 am

Are you sure they are being picked up? are you using AMD?
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby Kitty » Tue May 25, 2021 3:25 am

yes, they are answered calls as I can hear customer voice in recordings.
Yes am using AMD
Kitty

Postby williamconley » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Kitty wrote:yes, they are answered calls as I can hear customer voice in recordings.

Who are they talking to? Are they having a discussion with the MOH? Are these calls DROP calls or Canceled by Vicidial? There is a termination reason in some of the logs.

Have you tested this yourself? Put your own cell phone in the mix and call yourself hourly as a test to see what happens.
Kitty wrote:Yes am using AMD

Are you also using Survey?

What is the Call Priority set to? Note that "Zero" (0) is the best for all call priorities if you ever have doubt.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support