Capture DTMF while playing agent busy music

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Capture DTMF while playing agent busy music

Postby nitinjain.techie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:38 am

Vicidial Version - 2.4

My Client is demanding to allow caller press option (Press 1) while all agent are busy and Vicidial is playing music on hold music that time . Client is proposing the below :-

Dear customer your relationship manger is busy for assisting for other customer please stay on line OR else you wish to receive call back please press 1.
(In case of press 1, caller number should be stored in database)
If customer press 1 – should get reply “thank you for calling us will revert you shortly and call should be disconnected.

Thanks in advance, please help me out asap. :(
Nitin Kumar Jain | Software Engineer | India |
nitinjain.techie

Re: Capture DTMF while playing agent busy music

Postby geoff3dmg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:58 am

This functionality exists in ViciDIAL. Have a look at the 'Wait Time' settings in the ingroup settings.
Vicibox 5.03 from .iso | VERSION: 2.10-451a BUILD: 140902-0816 | Asterisk 1.8.28.2-vici | Multi-Server | Amfeltec H/W Timing Cards | No Extra Software After Installation | Dell PowerEdge 1850 | Pentium 4 'Prescott' Xenon Quad @ 3.40GHz
geoff3dmg

Postby nitinjain.techie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:19 am

Can you explore it more .... as i am newbie.
I tried Wait time but it is not repeating .........
Nitin Kumar Jain | Software Engineer | India |
nitinjain.techie

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:17 pm

When there is "no agent available" on an INBOUND call, the Ingroup is controlling the call. One of the options available during Ingroup calls in waiting mode is the "wait time option callmenu" which can be used to allow the "waiting caller" to actually use options from a call menu while on hold.

Read the manual, it's not a simple-to-configure thing. But it IS already part of Vicidial and should work for what you describe perfectly. The manual is at EFLO.net, but you can also just push the {?} next to each option in the "wait time" section and read the all until you begin to have an understanding of how it works.

I suspect the paid version of the manual has a specific walk-through for this (you can check the index of the free version to verify this!).

[moving this topic to support, as this is not a feature request!]
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support