How to Back-up

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to Back-up

Postby triv » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:25 am

Hello,

Currently i am running VERSION: 2.14-729a BUILD: 191114-0923 / Vicibox 9 on my Virtualbox where i am making some tests.

I have read a lot regarding the backup but still i am facing some problem.

I want to do a backup but i am not sure how to do it. Is it better with command an later restore with command or better to download with FTP like winscp.
I tried Admin_backup.pl --help and i got the following message : Admin_backup.pl is not a typo.
When i try: cnf Admin_backup.pl command not found.

I am making the tests on my virtualbox so later i can make to my work server.

Could someone help me with the right way to do a back up of the Vicidial database including campaing,record,users etc.

I will appreciate it.
triv

Re: How to Back-up

Postby williamconley » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm

1) the backup perl script is "ADMIN_backup.pl" not "Admin_backup.pl". Case sensitive.

2) It's also located in /usr/share/astguiclient/ so you must either include the full path in the execution or you must be in that directory when you execute the backup script or it won't be found.

3) Normal execution from the CLI:

Code: Select all
perl /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --debugX

4) Last time I checked, there was no "restore" command. You must know what you are doing to restore a Vicidial backup set. However: The DB backup (which is all most people need) can be restored easily using generic mysql commands. It will affect everything in the Web GUI you can change. After that restore, however, it's often necessary to initiate configuration reloads under admin->servers. (Generate conf files; Rebuild conf files; Rebuild Music On Hold; Sounds Update)

5) This is not a general discussion. It's a support request. Moving your post to the Support Board accordingly.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby triv » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:35 pm

Sorry i forgot to write it with case sensitive but when i tried the script was with case sensitive and it didn't work.

Anyway i tried the script you gave me from CLI and it show this : https://i.imgur.com/LH1J4bz.png is the backup done okay ?

Whenever i need to back up the database do i need only to execute this command ?

Another question: is the backup stored automatically on the server and whenever i try to restore have to chose the directory or no ?

Thanks very much for your replay.

Really appreciate it and sorry for my bad English!
triv

Postby williamconley » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Backup appears successful based on your image.

You should have that command (without the --debugX) executed nightly in crontab

The backup is stored in /var/log/astguiclient/archive (numbered by day-of-week so they will overwrite the previous week's backup after you get it going daily).

Restore instructions are on several posts on this site. What you want to restore is the question. If it's just the database and not any of the scripts or configuration files, you'll need to extract the database from the backup and then decompress the database and then restore the database using the appropriate mysql command. All of that, of course, is covered in many posts throughout this site. It may also be in the paid version of the Vicidial Manager's Manual (but I've never looked, lol).
williamconley

Postby triv » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:50 am

So just to clarify again, if i want to MANUALLY do a backup i have to run only this whenever i want to backup:
perl /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl without debugX ?

Will this DB backup the Config / Campaing / Lists / Users / Sip / Records ? ( Those are the only thing that i think are necessary and i want to back up )

I will explore and read other thread regarding the restoration.

Thank you william.
You are the lucky charm for this forum.
triv

Postby mflorell » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 am

Run that script with the "--help" flag to see what the options are. There are a lot of options as for what it backs up and what it does with those backups.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:12 am

triv wrote:So just to clarify again, if i want to MANUALLY do a backup i have to run only this whenever i want to backup:
perl /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl without debugX ?

Will this DB backup the Config / Campaing / Lists / Users / Sip / Records ? ( Those are the only thing that i think are necessary and i want to back up )

I will explore and read other thread regarding the restoration.

Thank you william.
You are the lucky charm for this forum.

If you are running it manually, I recommend leaving the --debugX option. This gives more feedback and you may see errors if they are present. As mentioned by matt, the --help option will provide a list of options for what does and does not get backed up in addition to the "push to an FTP service" option which is quite handy as well.
williamconley

Postby triv » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:49 am

I just did a --db-only which i think is a backup that include the Users/Campaign/Sip/Lists/Records
but can't find the specific FILES on the backup folders : https://i.imgur.com/XDMrgf6.png
triv

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:01 am

The database backup is a single database file, not "files" for each category or table. The name of the file in the image is asterisk4. It's compressed.
williamconley

Return to Support