State CID Group records where State = Empty String

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

State CID Group records where State = Empty String

Postby rockgeneral » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:57 pm

I am about to implement CID Groups and I was interested in using the State option. My understanding is that if I had 100 CIDs that I wanted vicidial to rotate through, I would need to create 100 entries for each US State + DC. So each state would end up with a CID entry for each of my 100 CIDs. Then when vicidial was dialing it would check the state of the lead it was going to dial and would use the CID that had been used the least that day.

So far is my understanding correct?

Also, we have some leads where the state field is an empty string. I tried creating a State CID entry where the state field was blank. The web interface would not allow me to save it. From what I understand, if the leads state doesn't match a configured State CID entry it would default to the campaign caller id. I would like leads where the state is an empty string to also be configured to use my 100 CIDs.

Is there any way to configure a CID Group State entry that would match an empty string? (Maybe not through the interface, but via inserting records into the db?)

Thanks for your help!
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Re: State CID Group records where State = Empty String

Postby rockgeneral » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:55 am

Is there any way to configure a CID Group State entry that would match an empty string? (Maybe not through the interface, but via inserting records into the db?)

If I cannot setup a State based caller id entry that will match records where state = empty string, I suppose I will have to use an area code based setup.

If I end up doing an area code based setup, is the system going to be able to handle 100 area codes * 335 area codes? (3335 total CID entries)
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:02 am

You will probably have to raise the PHP variable limit to get to 2000+ CID Group entries, but other than that, it should work.

For other clients with this kind of issue, we usually recommend just setting up a crontab entry to set the state to 'UF' for records with no populated state.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rockgeneral » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:53 am

Matt, you are the best! Great suggestion about the UF crontab job. I think I will go with that approach.
System Info:
rockgeneral

Return to Support