Call time 00:00 in real time report for one user

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Call time 00:00 in real time report for one user

Postby bruce_clegg » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:51 pm

Hello

I am a U.S. based engineer doing my best to support an older vici installation in Noida. All of our other call centers have been migrated to another platform, but this one hasn't been integrated with our more modern systems yet. The problem is we have one user who's call length shows up as zero in the Real Time Report. If you look at her call stats, we can see the duration of her calls etc. But the Real Time Report is the tool her managers want to use.

Before you scoff at me - I did say this was an old install on the other side of the planet from me:
Version of vicidial: version 2.14-032e Build 170930-0853
loadavg: 0.13, 0.10, 0.09
Server with 2 processors and 16Gb Ram - 13GB free
These folks use a free version of 3CX as their smartphone/VOIP tool

I have determined that the problem is actually external to vicidial. If the user logs into someone elses computer, her times are shown fine. Also, if someone else logs into her equipment, their calls show the zero call length in the real time report.

The vici server and her laptop is set to EDT. Looking at the calls, they appear to be hitting the vici server in GMT - 4 hours ahead. This explains the 00:00 call length, but I haven't been able to figure out where the Time is being hijacked.

I have checked the timezone settings on her laptop. They are correct. Even though she is the only one with this problem I modified php.ini to use the same timezone as the server (it didn't help). I have looked through the 3CX settings on her system and I don't see anywhere the time or timezone is managed. I even checked the settings on her home router. Nothing to do with time there either.

Somewhere, some setting or some piece of equipment is over-riding the EDT timezone settings on her laptop and reporting the time in GMT. My hope is one of you out there has seen this before and can help me figure out what to check. I appreciate any help y'all can give.
bruce_clegg

Re: Call time 00:00 in real time report for one user

Postby carpenox » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Check what ip or domain she logs in from on laptop and have her clear all cache
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Re: Call time 00:00 in real time report for one user

Postby bruce_clegg » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:03 pm

Thanks for your reply.

We've cleared her cache and she logs into the same domain and vpn as the other operators (who's time reports correctly) - The network boyz assure me there are no settings in the vpn that will over-ride her time.

I have checked her ntp - and it is pulling from time.windows.com. There was some thought that maybe her cmos was set to GMT and that was being used by the application instead of the OS time. But that doesn't appear to be the case.
bruce_clegg

Return to Support