Dropped calls leaving callbacks

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dropped calls leaving callbacks

Postby atkins513 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:52 pm

Hey guys,
I have an issue and have always had this issue. Fixing it would be a great help if there is a solution.

Anytime a customer calls back in from the same number we called them on, and we miss that call. The status changes to Drop. This makes a lot of sense because it was in fact a dropped call, but that also removes the status of callback and the saved callback leaves the rep's callbacks list and often times is completely forgotten about. Especially if the customer didn't leave a message. They just called in after hours or during hours and no one could answer it ,and hung up after 10 seconds, then the call status changes to dropped and the callback is lost completely. We have lost some really important customers entirely this way that we had an ongoing business relationship with because the rep lost contact and didnt keep separate logs. Is there a way to keep this from leaving our callbacks when a customer calls in? Any other solutions?

Thank you

VERSION: 2.14-634c BUILD: 210421-2110
atkins513

Re: Dropped calls leaving callbacks

Postby carpenox » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:02 pm

You could probably setup a MySQL query that will search through drops each day and use a where statement for being in callback status within the last 24 hours
Alma Linux 9.3 | SVN Version: 3822 | DB Schema Version: 1711 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3 | Discord: https://discord.gg/DVktk6smbh
carpenox

Re: Dropped calls leaving callbacks

Postby atkins513 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:17 am

I appreciate that, but i can simply search lists by status "drop" and see all the dropped calls from most recent to end of history. I was looking for a way to stop this from happening altogether.
Thank you, Appreciate the help.
atkins513

Return to Support