Receiving SMS on DID

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Receiving SMS on DID

Postby jkaiser » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:15 am

Hi All

This is my first post to Vicidial forum

I am using VERSION: 2.9-441a
BUILD: 140612-1628

How can we configure campaign where i can receive SMS messages from different mobile numbers on DID and transfer same SMS to available agent.

I am running a program where users first send SMS and then call. Configuration of voice calls is easy. I want the SMS from specific number to be saved somewhere (I am really not sure where) and when the call comes from the same number, both SMS and call are distributed to available agent.

I am not a computer geek or a programmer. I am just a sale manager so pardon my incompetence in technical matters. I have a technical team for implementation though.

Thanks in advance for your help
jkaiser

Re: Receiving SMS on DID

Postby mflorell » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:48 pm

We recommend using a SMS-to-email gateway provider and then handling those messages as Emails within VICIdial. We have several clients that have set this functionality up this way.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jkaiser » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:19 am

mflorell wrote:We recommend using a SMS-to-email gateway provider and then handling those messages as Emails within VICIdial. We have several clients that have set this functionality up this way.

Thanks for the reply. I hope you are already aware of my incompetence in programming. Can you please name a few SMS-to-email gateway providers

Thanks
jkaiser

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:08 am

No programming involved, but it does depend on the country you want to handle calls in. If you Google "SMS to email provider" you will see several of them.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bossmon » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:20 am

mflorell wrote:We recommend using a SMS-to-email gateway provider and then handling those messages as Emails within VICIdial. We have several clients that have set this functionality up this way.

Hi Matt,
with SMS to email set up, is it possible to initiate the SMS via email or only reply to an inbound SMS?

It's not clear how to initiate an email through vicidial. I've only been able to reply to incoming emails.
Vicibox 9.0.2 (express-install)
Version: 2.14-751a
SVN Version: 3241
DB Schema Version: 1595
Build: 200425-0949
Asterisk 13.29.2-vici
bossmon

Postby mflorell » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:02 am

The Agent screen inbound email handling can only be initiated through an inbound email. But you can trigger outbound emails one-at-a-time using the agc/dispo_send_email.php script, and we have clients doing that from the Script tab on outbound calls as well. There is no automated process in VICIdial to send out mass emails or SMS. There are plenty of providers out there that can provide those type of services.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bossmon » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:21 am

mflorell wrote:The Agent screen inbound email handling can only be initiated through an inbound email. But you can trigger outbound emails one-at-a-time using the agc/dispo_send_email.php script, and we have clients doing that from the Script tab on outbound calls as well. There is no automated process in VICIdial to send out mass emails or SMS. There are plenty of providers out there that can provide those type of services.

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply. Yes, that's exactly what I want to do, send individual emails/SMS messages. Where can I find more info about that? I have the manager manual and there is a tutorial for configuring email but it does not explain how to send individual outbound emails.
Asterisk 13.29.2-vici
bossmon

Postby mflorell » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:41 am

I've just updated the doc with a basic example of how to send an email from the SCRIPT tab, it's at the bottom of the document:

http://vicidial.org/docs/DISPO_SEND_EMAIL.txt

It's a very basic example, but you can use that as a template to create your own PHP page to populate the URL with a different customer message entered by the agent.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bossmon » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:02 am

mflorell wrote:I've just updated the doc with a basic example of how to send an email from the SCRIPT tab, it's at the bottom of the document:

http://vicidial.org/docs/DISPO_SEND_EMAIL.txt

It's a very basic example, but you can use that as a template to create your own PHP page to populate the URL with a different customer message entered by the agent.

awesome, thanks!
Asterisk 13.29.2-vici
bossmon

Return to Features