Automatic agent logout

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Automatic agent logout

Postby Lisa » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:02 am

Hi all,

I had posted a topic in support forum yesterday and my apologies for it. I was told it should have been in Features :(. Well here is my doubt. I didn't frame it very well yesterday so i'll explain it again.

When an agent forgets to logout on vicidial we have figures to as to how long they have been on system. Is there any way we can have detect when there is no user activity for certain period, to log then out automatically.

If there is not feauture as this, What are the suggestions. I can refresh the browser but that is still not going to force logout.

Please help !
Thanks a lot.

Lisa.
Lisa

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:19 am

This is a tough one, because many companies will leave their agents logged in during a lunch (usually Paused) which means a timeout would usually be triggered for such a long time of inactivity.

As for a timeout on the dispo screen, what disposition woul dyou put with the lead if you were to timeout the agent's session? and how much time would you wait before you did a timeout?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Lisa » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:18 am

Thanks matt,

I understand what you mean but then what would you suggest to force logout when users forget to logout.

We normally have agents working in 3-4 hour continuous shift so i am trying some way to get their total logged in time.

And incase if they forget after an inactivity of say 10 mins, it would trigger logout.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks,

Lisa.
Lisa

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:07 am

This is something that would have to be customizable by campaign, because there are too many ways that call centers run so one set timeout is not going to work for everyone.

We need to decide how to handle certain situations when it comes to auto-logout of agents:

- what do you do if the agent was on a call, the customer hung up and the agent leaves for the day. What should the timeout be for an agent that was hungup on? The system still has the customer record up and shows them as actively being on the record. What do you dispo the call as?

- if the agent leaves their screen in dispo mode when they leave, what do you dispo their call as when you time them out? What is the timeout on the dispo screen?

- if the agent leaves their screen on READY(clicked RESUME) but the manager has turned off the campaign, what should that timeout be?

- if the agent stays PAUSED, how long do you let them stay logged in? There are some call centers that use vicidial logs as a timeclock and would leave the agent logged in on PAUSE for two hours while they are training them.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Lisa » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:49 am

Thanks a lot mate!!
Lisa

Force Logoff of Agents -

Postby michaelhawse » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi Lisa,

Did you ever get this issues resolved? I am new to Vicidial. I have a similar problem where I need to force a logoff of Agents due to INACTIVITY.
Can you please tell me how you resolve this issue? I need to fix my issue, the job may depend on it.

Please help!
Thanks,
Michael
Lisa wrote:Thanks matt,

I understand what you mean but then what would you suggest to force logout when users forget to logout.

We normally have agents working in 3-4 hour continuous shift so i am trying some way to get their total logged in time.

And incase if they forget after an inactivity of say 10 mins, it would trigger logout.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks,

Lisa.
michaelhawse

Re: Automatic agent logout

Postby DomeDan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:43 am

this feature in campaign settings was added in build 131208-1626 (2013-12-08)

Agent Pause Max Seconds - If this is set to greater than 0, and the agent has not gone out of
PAUSED status in this number of seconds, the agent will automatically be logged out of the agent screen.
Default is 0 for disabled.

Good work Matt and your team!
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Return to Features