Auto redial to alt number after pause

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Auto redial to alt number after pause

Postby pastel » Mon May 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Is it possible to auto redial a number after the agent hangs up and pauses for x minutes?

In our campaign, we have the customer make a call and hang up with a DISPO to call back, then the same agent calls the customer back after a certain period of time and continues the rest of the conversation.

Thanks in advance.
==== EDIT ====

if I use the non_agent_api update_lead feature with a callback_user, does it have a feature to automatically call them or is it manual dial only?

I found one several threads asking for similar things, I don't know if they're oudated.
pastel

Re: Auto redial to alt number after pause

Postby geoff3dmg » Tue May 13, 2014 3:22 am

I think this is something that's meant to be handled through the Agent API.
Vicibox 5.03 from .iso | VERSION: 2.10-451a BUILD: 140902-0816 | Asterisk 1.8.28.2-vici | Multi-Server | Amfeltec H/W Timing Cards | No Extra Software After Installation | Dell PowerEdge 1850 | Pentium 4 'Prescott' Xenon Quad @ 3.40GHz
geoff3dmg

Postby pastel » Tue May 13, 2014 8:47 am

The Agent API has a callback feature but it basically lets the agent manually call back the customer (their screens with flash callbacks available).
We are trying to make the calls automatic to the agent phones.
pastel

Postby pastel » Wed May 14, 2014 10:30 am

williamconley wrote:Re: webform submit function

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:00 pm
Sorry, that function is not available by modifying the action or target. If you want your form to modify the database tables, you'll need a mysql/php person to allow your page to be able to modify the appropriate tables. But I warn you: the vicidial main screen will still write to the table and may collide with your vicidial data.

You may want to look at storing this data in something like SugarCRM instead. Then you could push all the data from Vicidial to your form, then from your form into SugarCRM (safely) and if you ever need it again, push it back to vicidial via a linked field for re-calling the client. without the Agent screen hammering your Form Data during or at the end of the call.

does SugarCRM allow for calling inside webform?
pastel

Return to Features