Feature request: Max Agents on phone alias logins

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Feature request: Max Agents on phone alias logins

Postby okli » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:32 am

Scenario:

Clustered setup with similar servers, only few of the servers have T1/E1 cards, other servers use those few to place the outbound calls.
Presumably those few servers, with T1/E1 cards, will be loaded more, if I am correct.
If using load balanced logins with phone alias, we'd need to be able to set those few servers to accommodate less agents than the rest, but still using them as active agent servers.

If the assumption that the T1/E1 servers will be more loaded than the rest is right, I thought an option for each server like "Max. agents" beneath "Active Agent Server" would be quite helpful when planning and distributing the load across the servers.
This way one could put, for example 15 agents on the outbound connected diallers, and 25 on the rest.

It would also be useful in order to distribute the load more evenly when telephone servers spec in the cluster are not that similar.
okli

Re: Feature request: Max Agents on phone alias logins

Postby mflorell » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:16 pm

Have you looked into the Campaign and System Settings for PLLB Grouping?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby okli » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Don't have the latest version on front of me, but just looked into these settings on http://www.vicidial.org/vicidial_demo/admin.php, but they do not seem to provide exactly the same functionality, unless there are extra options in the latest versions.
I was looking rather for such setting per telephone server.

For example, how to put max. 15 agents on servers A and B and max. 25 on servers C and D ?
okli

Postby mflorell » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:29 pm

It will let you set a limit of agents per server, but not definable per server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby okli » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:13 am

Exactly, I was rather looking to limit agents for each server, with per server option.
okli

Return to Features