FR: print button + logging in vicidial client

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

FR: print button + logging in vicidial client

Postby kchung » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:12 pm

While normal browser printing works fine, it would be nice to have a 'print' button in various vicidial client screens which would be logged. Print logging would allow a manager to know if information has been printed to prevent lead theft. Therefore, an option to disable normal printing can force users to use the official method of printing. I think printing should be put into vicidial_log so it can be displayed via user_stats.php

Main screen, labeled "Print Lead", which prints out the lead (logged).
Disposition screen, labeled "Print Lead", which prints out the lead (logged).
Callbacks, labeled "Print Callbacks", which print the agent's active callbacks.

Mantis: http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=36
kchung

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:22 pm

Printing is difficult to regulate. And what is to stop screen shots?

I'm not even sure how you would properly log printing across all browsers and platforms.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:29 pm

screencaps are near impossible to stop properly. The only thing i've found is to have a javascript continously clear the OS clipboard. This would prevent manual printscreens from happening, but a screencap program can beat that and it's not a very 'nice' thing to do and may only work with IE/Windows.

As for preventing the user from using File/Print, I've found several stylesheet implementations that does this.

Hence, it would be nice to at least have official print buttons on the UI, which are logged. Click on it would write to the vicidial_log and invoke the browser print dialog box.
kchung

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:43 pm

Do you have any example code of these style-sheet print-inhibitors?
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features