inbound cluster query

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

inbound cluster query

Postby salmanghiyas » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:37 am

Hello, community!

I am looking for a solution for the inbound cluster, I will try to explain my scenario to my best, need experts to please help me out.

I have a 5 server cluster on Vicibox v9, server 1 is DB, server 2 is WEB, and the rest of the 3 servers are telephony.

I have approx 250 people to login into this cluster to receive calls only.

Question No 1:
Can this cluster setup be able to handle 250 users' web requests?

Question No 2:
When I create a phone ext for each user I have to define on which server this phone ext should register and get calls from, is there a way that I create all phone extensions on one server to get all users to register phones on this server but calls should be load balanced on other servers as round-robin.
salmanghiyas

Re: inbound cluster query

Postby covarrubiasgg » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:32 pm

salmanghiyas wrote:Question No 1:
Can this cluster setup be able to handle 250 users' web requests?

Would you describe the hardware specs for each server ? Even with the best hardware I would say that cluster is going to be very tight, but if you describe the specs, you can get more specific recommendations.

salmanghiyas wrote:Question No 2:
When I create a phone ext for each user I have to define on which server this phone ext should register and get calls from, is there a way that I create all phone extensions on one server to get all users to register phones on this server but calls should be load balanced on other servers as round-robin.

If you are using Softphone, yes, you need to register an account per server, you can bypass this limitation using the ViciPhone (Webphone) because it will load dynamically the configuration for the server assigned by the load balanacer. Please note, that all server on the cluster are connected to each other with IAX Trunks, so no matter if an agent is on Phone1, they can get calls from Phone2 and Phone3, and the same for the other servers, so is not limited as you have described.
covarrubiasgg

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo