ViciBox Server Install and Demo Forum READ ME FIRST

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciBox Server Install and Demo Forum READ ME FIRST

Postby mflorell » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 pm

This forum is only for posts relating to either the ViciBox ISO Server Install or the ViciBox ISO LiveCD Demo, both available here:

http://www.vicibox.com

VICIbox Demo is a live CD based off of Ubuntu desktop. Included is a functional version of Vicidial 2.0.5 which runs off of the CD. VICIbox Demo is perfect for demonstration or training purposes as you do not need to install it to your harddrive. VICIbox Demo should not be used in production.

VICIbox Server is the official installation CD for the VICIDIAL Call Center Suite. It is based off of OpenSuSE server, and will properly install the VICIDIAL Call Center Suite with relative ease for a single server system or a multi-server cluster system.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi

Does the vicibox have PAE enabled?
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:20 am

Yes it does use PAE, because this is meant for server installs, not really installs on mobile processors.

There is a workaround where you can mount from a boot disk and alter the kernel set to boot, then just use the standard kernel.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mcargile » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:24 am

Actually this does not work either. The reason being the installer will only create the zaptel modules for the server kernel. This can be fixed as well but it is more complex. You are probably far better just using a processor that supports PAE.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:03 pm

I was thinking along the line or having more than 4gb memory.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mcargile » Fri May 15, 2009 9:57 am

Oh then yes it supports PAE so you can put up to 64 gigs of ram if you motherboard supports it.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Installing Vicidial from mounted ISO in Ubuntu

Postby stevep38now » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:37 pm

I have mounted the ISO on my ubuntu server and was hoping that someone would point me to an install guide (or a quick helpful hint) on how to install it.

Thanks
stevep38now

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:42 pm

There are currently THREE installation methods:

1) Vicibox.com (Vicibox Redux 3.1.10 is the latest and installs OpenSuSE, although Vicibox 1.0.0RC2 was Ubuntu). Directions are available on Vicibox.com

2) GoAutoDial.com (GoAutoDial CE2.1 is the latest and installs CentOS). Directions in the Getting Started Guide in the Wiki at GoAutoDial.com.

3) Scratch Install. Directions in many places including the Vicidial Wiki.

None of these involves "Mounting" the .iso. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: ViciBox Server Install and Demo Forum READ ME FIRST

Postby burimi » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:44 am

What is the minimum hardware requirements for installing Vicidial.
burimi

Postby bryan.kewl » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 am

P3 with 128MB ram.
bryan.kewl

Postby Krodriguez4809 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:41 am

Do you know of any problems installing on a HP server? It wont boot from the disc.
Krodriguez4809

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Please don't double post ...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26012&p=90638#p90638

Also: This thread is for the old Ubuntu (vicibox 1.0, vicidial 2.0) version ... what version of the installer are you using? Vicibox is at 4.0 now ... and Vicidial is at 2.6 ... (Vicibox is the installer, Vicidial is the Application)
williamconley

vici dial servers

Postby michelle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 pm

hi im starting a outbound call centre, and l have no idea what servers are needed if i use vici dial. my call centre is a 40-50 seater but for now i will be starting with 10.please assist on what i need becos all call have to be recorded and recordings to be kept for 24months.
michelle

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm

1) You should have posted this in a new thread, instead of hijacking this thread for your own nefarious purposes. 8-)

2) Welcome to the Party!!

3) Do you intend to Lease a server or build one at your site or build one at a Colocation facility? This can be dependent upon having at least a 5M x 5M (upload as well as download) internet connection available.
* The Vicidial Group hosts servers at "vicihost.com" - there is no better place to host a Vicidial server than with the Owners/Maintainers of the software!
* Others who I will not list (because actually I don't have any recommendations from anyone I know for them), also host servers.
* PoundTeam Incorporated (um ... where I work), also hosts servers. Obviously this would be my recommendation, since I work here. LOL
Both The Vicidial Group and PoundTeam also Sell Vicidial servers (if you want to have it On Premises, but not build it yourself).
PoundTeam will also remotely install Vicidial on a computer in your local facility.

4) You will likely be able to start with a single server. Recording controls, etc., are available as well as timed deletion (and automated uploading to a secure ftp service to avoid loss even if your hard drive dies!). The software is quit mature and stable. The rule of thumb is 25 agents per stock machine (such as a 2.3Ghz Core2Quad processor with 2G RAM as a baseline).

5) We also offer training for new users for $105 (3 hour course), but the best thing you can do is purchase the paid version of the Manager's Manual (available at EFLO.net, in the shopping cart). The free version is excellent to start, and the Paid version will add a great deal of depth to allow you to avoid asking for help ... and will likely pay for itself many times over.

6) If you have an IT person on staff, your best bet is to have them proceed to Vicibox.com, download the installation PDF and the Standard 64 Bit .iso image ... and install it!!! (Seriously! It's free! If you have a computer in the office not being used at present, install now and you'll have plenty of time to play with it!). It can also be installed in a Virtual server (OpenSuSE image) for practice/learning. It won't run more than one agent, but it will run one agent very well and your entire configuration can be tested in full before actually investing any money in hardware or outside help if you want to delve into it in-house.

7) You will need a VOIP Provider (try Vitelity.com) and of course each agent workstation will need a soft phone or IP phone (x-lite and zoiper are the standards, but we also like 3CX if you are in Windows). This will require that they have headsets with microphones, of course. There are IP phones out there, plenty of them. Grandstream makes several as does Aastra and many others. You can even use IP converters that will connect on one side through the network to Vicidial and on the other side allow a standard phone jack. Thus allowing any $6 walmart phone to be used as a phone in Vicidial. But the converter (Sipura is a sample manufacturer) costs money, too ... so expense has to be calculated by You.
williamconley

Postby mauriston911 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi all,

I am a newbie and task to do an installation of vicidial. I've search in the internet for the installation media and lead me to the site of vicibox. I then, downloaded the VICIbox v.6.0 Standard and follow the installation guide which is also available in the same site. I successfully installed the OS out from the package but when I tried accessing it via web interface, ("server_ip/vicidial/admin.php") I can't get to the admin or welcome page. My question is, how can I access the web interface of the server? I have tried setting up IP both static and dynamic but either way, can't get to it. Any tips and advice will be a big help. Thanks in advance.
mauriston911

Postby rameez.amjad4 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:40 pm

I have installed vicibox 8.1.0 and every thing is working good the issue I am facing is that when we barge the agent on a live call customer also hears the ring while we barge it, is there a way to eliminate that ring or when we barge a live call with customer we want customer not to hear that ring and still our supervisor should be able to barge and talk with customer and agent?
Is there a way if we barge agent in live call customer should not be able to hear that ring and rest supervisor can have a conversation with customer and agent at same time, problem is that ring only when we barge agent customer also hear that ring?

Please update if there is any solution, thanks.
rameez.amjad4

Postby williamconley » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:48 am

rameez.amjad4 wrote:I have installed vicibox 8.1.0 and every thing is working good the issue I am facing is that when we barge the agent on a live call customer also hears the ring while we barge it, is there a way to eliminate that ring or when we barge a live call with customer we want customer not to hear that ring and still our supervisor should be able to barge and talk with customer and agent?
Is there a way if we barge agent in live call customer should not be able to hear that ring and rest supervisor can have a conversation with customer and agent at same time, problem is that ring only when we barge agent customer also hear that ring?

Please update if there is any solution, thanks.

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) This comment is only "almost" related to the thread you landed it in. For a question like this you should create your own post instead of hijacking one that's about the "Read Me First" for the installer. Kinda like asking the guy installing the window lettering on the New Car Showroom to change your oil. lol

4) When you DO post this again in its own thread (or perhaps one that is actually related to "Barge Ringing Sound"), please include a step-by-step description of how you initiate your Barge attempt. There are (believe it or not) many different methods.

5) Seriously: Everybody here tries to help. The more information you provide, the more likely it is that someone will just pop off with an "on-point" solution to your problem.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
williamconley

Postby dspaan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:16 pm

mflorell wrote:This forum is only for posts relating to either the ViciBox ISO Server Install or the ViciBox ISO LiveCD Demo, both available here:

http://www.vicibox.com

VICIbox Demo is a live CD based off of Ubuntu desktop. Included is a functional version of Vicidial 2.0.5 which runs off of the CD. VICIbox Demo is perfect for demonstration or training purposes as you do not need to install it to your harddrive. VICIbox Demo should not be used in production.

VICIbox Server is the official installation CD for the VICIDIAL Call Center Suite. It is based off of Ubuntu server, and will properly install the VICIDIAL Call Center Suite with relative ease.

Maybe this post should be updated? :D
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby Tarar0699 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:52 pm

im newbie here, i need to run vicidial on dedicated server purchased online. But don't know how to run virtual machine or vicibox iso, anyone here can guide me the basics. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :(
Tarar0699

Postby dspaan » Wed May 25, 2022 9:34 am

If you have a dedicated server then why do you want to run a virtual machine? Also there is a detailed guide on vicibox.com, why don't you start to read that??
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby williamconley » Wed May 25, 2022 4:40 pm

Dedicated Virtual Private Servers are REALLY just virtual servers.

If you can follow the instructions from the Provider of the System to boot from an .iso image, you can then follow the instructions on Vicibox.com (there's a PDF) for installation. Upon completion of the installation, you switch to the Vicidial Manager's Manual available on EFLO.net (paid or free, either will get you going). Don't skip any pages in the Manager's Manual. It'll take you from fresh install to functional. Start over if you screw up, it's free. And you'll become more comfortable with the install the more often you do it.

Note: Virtualized Vicidial is great ... for ONE (maybe two) agent only. If you want to run more than one or two agents, you'll need a full server. Dedicated HARDWARE (not virtualized). And you'll still need to boot from the custom .iso installer avaiable at Vicibox.com.

It is possible to install manually on any Linux OS. But you'll be basically building your own car so you can drive to and from work. If you're not looking to crash-course linux, I'd recommend finding a location that will allow you to boot from the .iso installer or just lease a machine from someone that already has Vicidial installed. (For instance: ViciHost.com ... they OWN the software or where I work at PoundTeam.com, we don't own Vicidial, but we do support Vicidial servers).
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo