Reg : Vicidial Stereo Recording

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Reg : Vicidial Stereo Recording

Postby palani.sivagurunathan » Thu May 07, 2020 7:21 am

Hi ,

Below the my vicidial server configuration .

Vicidial Version : 2.13-576a
Build : 161126-2138
Asterisk : 11.25.3
Libpri : 1.4.12
Dahdi : 2.10.2
PHP : PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.26
MySql : mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.61

Server Platform : Single Processor Dedicated Server
Processor : Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630, v3 20M Cache, 2.40 GHz, Octo Core QTY: 1
Drive Selection, Set 2: HP 600GB 12G SAS

Is there any possible to all recordings in Stereo format? . Please help on this .

Thanks,
Palanivel S
palani.sivagurunathan

Re: Reg : Vicidial Stereo Recording

Postby williamconley » Thu May 07, 2020 2:16 pm

What are you trying to record? Phone calls? Because phone calls are mono. Modifying the mono recording to a stereo recording will not provide any extra information or sound, just a technical revision to the audio file. sox will provide this functionality, but this is not built in to vicidial by default. Not extremely difficult to alter the options for the final audio file, however.

I think what's missing here is your reason for wanting stereo. I strongly suspect that having a detailed explanation of your reason for wanting stereo would allow someone to find a solution.

Also: Please post a link to the installation instructions you used, since you did not use Vicibox.com's .iso installer. It helps us to link similar installs with often similar issues.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby palani.sivagurunathan » Fri May 08, 2020 5:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply .

Actually i want to record "Stereo" method in phone calls . I want to test call recording quality using "Speech Analytics software" . They are required "Stereo" type call recording .

yes I am not installed in Vicibox.com's .iso because my server is hosted server .They provide me a server after installing Ubuntu . After that i installed in scratch method .

Please help me on "Stereo" method call recording .

Thanks,
Palanivel S
palani.sivagurunathan

Postby williamconley » Fri May 08, 2020 8:39 am

palani.sivagurunathan wrote:Actually i want to record "Stereo" method in phone calls . I want to test call recording quality using "Speech Analytics software" . They are required "Stereo" type call recording .

Telephone calls are not stereo. No carrier with which I presently am familiar will provide audio in any format besides 8k mono as that's what all carriers use.IE: you are getting 8k mono from the carrier, thus you can't record the call in anything better than 8k mono because that's what you have.

But you can convert to a different format after the recording has completed easily. Not during the call easily.

palani.sivagurunathan wrote:yes I am not installed in Vicibox.com's .iso because my server is hosted server .They provide me a server after installing Ubuntu . After that i installed in scratch method .

In which case you should provide a link to your installation method along with your Vicidial Version with Build.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Sat May 09, 2020 8:29 am

There are several issues that come up when we've tried to do stereo(agent on one side customer on the other) audio recordings. The first and biggest issue was consistency, we always had a random set of recordings that would end up blank, and we could never figure out why. The only reliable mechanism for recording calls was to inject a recording into the Meetme conference, which results in a single mixed audio file, which is actually a more efficient mechanism for performing a recording.

For our clients that need to have recordings in stereo, there is an option, although it is outside of VICIdial through a SIP proxy or network recording machine like an OrecX server. We have several clients that have used OrecX for this purpose(along with screen recording too).
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby uncapped_shady » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:39 am

palani.sivagurunathan wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply .

Actually i want to record "Stereo" method in phone calls . I want to test call recording quality using "Speech Analytics software" . They are required "Stereo" type call recording .

yes I am not installed in Vicibox.com's .iso because my server is hosted server .They provide me a server after installing Ubuntu . After that i installed in scratch method .

Please help me on "Stereo" method call recording .

Thanks,
Palanivel S

Hi there, Please advise if you have found a reliable way to convert Vicidial call recordings to stereo without the need for a third party as we would like to do the exact same thing and the requirement for our speech analytics provider is to have the calls in stereo?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
uncapped_shady

Postby areon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 am

Hi there, We also tried to record in stereo format (agent on one side customer on the other). For inbound calls, it is possible to start recording on did, but in this case, all messages and music in the queue will be included while clients waiting. Maybe you have any news according to this type of recording.
areon

Return to General Discussion