Manual dial with owner defined and more than 3 telephone num

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Manual dial with owner defined and more than 3 telephone num

Postby webudo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:24 pm

I'm using ViciBox 8.1.2 with VERSION: 2.14-770a BUILD: 200922-0924 on a VM.

I need to dial customers with more than 3 contact phone numbers and assign calls to specific agents (Owner Only Dialing).
I found that MULTI-LEAD is a good choice for managing multiple phone numbers per contact, but it only works in RATIO and ADAPT methods. Also it takes away the OWNER field for the telephone type value.
The other option would be to use EXTENDED (which I can't find much documentation on the manager manual) but it also only works for RATIO and ADAPT (or am I wrong?).

Which would be the way to go to accomplish this?
I don't mind using either manual or auto (of course auto is preferred).

Thanks in advance!
webudo

Re: Manual dial with owner defined and more than 3 telephone

Postby mflorell » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:48 pm

There currently is no option for more than 3 manual dial phone numbers per lead. We have a plan to implement that feature, but nobody has ever wanted to sponsor the development, so it has sat on the every-growing unpaid development pile of projects for years.

The plan was to use the existing EXTENDED feature that works with auto-dialing and make those phone numbers accessible for manual dialing and editable in the admin Modify Lead page. The quote was 10 hours(or USD$1800.00) to code, test and document the new feature.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby webudo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Hello Matt, and thanks for your quick reply.

Is there any fundraising method for new features like this one? Because I'm unable to afford the whole quote, but let's say maybe splitting it into 4 or more guys we could do it :)
I'm experienced in Asterisk and know a bit of perl. Do you think I could contribute with my skills?
If so... please point me in the right direction of which files are involved in the process so I can explore and maybe do it?
I would love to finally contribute with this amazing project of yours other than just purchasing the manuals hehe
webudo

Postby mflorell » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:35 am

The "Projects" forum was created for that, it never worked though. The projects that did get to 100% sponsorship I could never get most of the sponsors to follow through on paying so we just stopped using it.

Another option is that you can just send me an email directly <vicidial@gmail.com> mentioning this project and what you would be willing to pay, and then if we get another sponsor asking about it we might be able to piece together full sponsorship for it eventually. This actually just happened a year ago with a new feature, we had two people willing to sponsor 25% of it each and then one of our clients mentioned they wanted the feature and would pay the other half, so we were able to get it added.

As for coding help, most of this feature would be PHP/Javascript programming, since the Perl side is already done(needed for auto-dial and loading leads), and it would be pretty complex and spread across about a dozen files total. You can certainly give it a try, but given how this feature needs to integrate with many different existing functions, it would be a bit of a daunting first project for you if you are unfamiliar with the agent screen code and how it all works together.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby webudo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:46 pm

I'll write you in the next few days after knowing how much I can sponsor, because I had a look at the code and I'm far from understanding many things :(
Thanks!
webudo

Return to General Discussion