voicemail password

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

voicemail password

Postby bghayad » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 am

Hello;

vicibox 4.0.3, vicidial 2.8-404a, Build 130605-0841, asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici, Single Machine, Vtiger 5.4

When I am adding the Phone and voicemail is created for it, I need to control the password of the voicemail (not to be the Phone login password), because when I am going to the voicemail.conf, I am finding that the password of the voicemail is the password of the Phone login (which contains characters which does not enable us to check the password from the Phone using voicemailmain because it is going to ask for password and I can not dial characters).

Normally in asterisk, it can be fixed from the voicemail.conf, but in vicidial I need to know where I can put it to avoid it from being overwrite from the vicidial.

Code: Select all
voicemail.conf:

[default]
501 => Passw0rd,501 Mailbox,,,|delete=no|tz=eastern|
502 => Passw0rd,502 Mailbox,,,|delete=no|tz=eastern|
503 => Passw0rd,503 Mailbox,,,|delete=no|tz=eastern|
504 => Passw0rd,504 Mailbox,,,|delete=no|tz=eastern|

How to put for example 1234 to be instead of Passw0rd?

Any advise?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: voicemail password

Postby rrb555 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:53 am

the voicemail password is the "Login Password" in Phones Menu
One server that I am managing | Single Server | ViciBox Redux 6.0 | VERSION: 2.12-549a | BUILD: 160404-0940 | revision 2508| No other hardware
For help you can send me a direct email info@support.com.ph
rrb555

Postby bghayad » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:21 am

But I need the voicemail password to be different than the agent phone password (the required password to be entered when agent is login), so if I set the login password to be used for the voicemail (which I need it to be simple and from numbers only .. without characters), then I have to use this password when the agent is login .. Right? How they can be different because I do not need the password to be numeric when agent is login?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Voicemail Password

Postby ClearCall » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:59 pm

Did you ever get an answer to this? Our agent logins contain alpha characters, so they cannot check their voicemail. This is obviously very inconvenient. I would much rather have a separate password or bypass the password prompt altogether.
ClearCall

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:31 pm

You can create custom VM boxes now. Admin->Voicemail. Then it's NOT linked to the phone at all.

If you check out the asterisk specs for checking VM, it's entirely possible to bypass the password. In fact, you can create a custom diaplan entry in Vicidial's system menu or a Custom Carrier to accomplish this. Just be sure the method you find applies to the Asterisk Version you are presently using. I think we built this for a client a decade ago, but oddly nobody has asked since. They merely use a numeric phone login password.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo