ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Kumba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:38 am

I've started work on ViciBox v.10. This will be based on OpenSuSE v.15.3 and Asterisk 13. This version will be moving to more packaged based maintenance items which should make updates and corrections to things like vicibox-install less problematic overall. Below are some bullet points of what is going into this version:

- OpenSuSE Leap v.15.3 with Asterisk 13 and possibly Asterisk 16
- vicibox-install and associated files moved into a package called 'vicibox-install' for ease of maintenance
- vicibox-certbot being removed for the dumpster fire it ended up being, a new vicibox-ssl being created around the acme.sh script
- vicibox-firewall and associated files moved into a package called 'vicibox-firewall' for ease of maintenance
- Dynamic portal moved into a package called 'vicibox-dynportal' for ease of maintenance
- Inclusion of more utilities like pcapsipdump
- Basic SNMP config (not asterisk-snmp) for monitoring the server's health with network monitoring utilities
- Rework of the vicibox-upgrade script to make it more usable/usefule/work/etc.
- vicibox-install CLI arguments for semi-automated install

My current plan is to get the base image done so that when OpenSuSE finally moves 15.3 into a Beta state I can have you all test install the OS to make sure there's no real installer issues. I'm planning to have two ISOs with one being for a Linux MD Software RAID array and the other being the standard single-drive direct install. Currently the image has kernel 5.3.18 but that could very well change later on.

If you have any comments, requests, software additions, etc, feel free to post them below.
Kumba

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby carpenox » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:37 am

id love to help beta test :-p
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby covarrubiasgg » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Not really a feature request, just to let you know how Im using you work ... :oops:

I was trying to make the vicibox-install script able to pass arguments / parameters such as

Code: Select all
vicibox-install --no-prompt --isweb --db-server=192.168.1.1 --db-defaults

vicibox-install --no-prompt --isdb  --db-user=cron --db-pass=SuperS3cr3tP4ss! --db-name=asterisk --db-custom=custom --db-custom-pass=custom4321!

vicibox-install --no-prompt --isweb --isphone --db-server=192.168.1.1 --db-defaults

This was kind of opposite the purpose of having an interactive script, but I was looking to automatize the deploy process with ansible, and being able to run the script without human interaction.
I have dropped that effort because my knowledge of perl is basically non existent and i don't want to rewrite the whole script every-time you change the script. So now I am trying a different approach by having ansible to interact with vicibox-install script. I hope this to work, i can share my results when done :)
covarrubiasgg

Postby Zaraab » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:48 am

Kumba wrote:I've started work on ViciBox v.10. This will be based on OpenSuSE v.15.3 and Asterisk 13. This version will be moving to more packaged based maintenance items which should make updates and corrections to things like vicibox-install less problematic overall. Below are some bullet points of what is going into this version:

- vicibox-install and associated files moved into a package called 'vicibox-install' for ease of maintenance
- vicibox-certbot being removed for the dumpster fire it ended up being, a new vicibox-ssl being created around the acme.sh script
- vicibox-firewall and associated files moved into a package called 'vicibox-firewall' for ease of maintenance
- Dynamic portal moved into a package called 'vicibox-dynportal' for ease of maintenance
- Basic SNMP config (not asterisk-snmp) for monitoring the server's health with network monitoring utilities

My current plan is to get the base image done so that when OpenSuSE finally moves 15.3 into a Beta state I can have you all test install the OS to make sure there's no real installer issues. I'm planning to have two ISOs with one being for a Linux MD Software RAID array and the other being the standard single-drive direct install. Currently the image has kernel 5.3.18 but that could very well change later on.

If you have any comments, requests, software additions, etc, feel free to post them below.

Hello Kumba! Nice to learn that u began to do something great again!

I would like to request you to get one thing done which is, somehow Vultr( A cloud server hosting platform) is detecting the Autodialer(application/ feature) from the ISO. Though they do provide the privilege to install custom ISO but when the vicibox ISO is uploaded, they scan it and somehow they deny to upload the ISO due to the issue of unmasked existence of the "Autodialer" kind o thing in the ISO. Could you please consider the issue in your next ISO development and mask the "Autodialer" issue so that Vultr( A cloud server hosting platform) cannot detect it and let us install it?
Please!
A VICIDIAL ENTHUSIAST
OS BASED LEARNING : CentOS - openSUSE
INSTALLATION METHODS : MOSTLY SCRATCH & STD INSTALLATION WITH .ISO
HELP - BELIEVE - INNOVATE
Zaraab

Postby carpenox » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:24 pm

zaraab, kumba is quite busy with an installer for vicidial, not really concerned with vultr, why not use a dedicated server instead of virtual? and why not just do a scratch installation if you want to use vultr?
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby carpenox » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:24 pm

zaraab, kumba is quite busy with an installer for vicidial, not really concerned with vultr, why not use a dedicated server instead of virtual? and why not just do a scratch installation if you want to use vultr?
carpenox

Postby Zaraab » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:05 pm

carpenox wrote:zaraab, kumba is quite busy with an installer for vicidial, not really concerned with vultr, why not use a dedicated server instead of virtual? and why not just do a scratch installation if you want to use vultr?

So far there is no exact and accurate scratch installation process mentioned in the whole internet. Moreover scratch installation does not come flawless.

Not only in Vutlr, various other ISO accepting cloud providers do deny vicibox.iso

I believe it will be helpful if Kumba could do it <3
A VICIDIAL ENTHUSIAST
Zaraab

Postby carpenox » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:15 pm

its good to have beliefs.... :-p
carpenox

Postby Kumba » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:27 am

covarrubiasgg wrote:Not really a feature request, just to let you know how Im using you work ... :oops:

I was trying to make the vicibox-install script able to pass arguments / parameters such as

Code: Select all
vicibox-install --no-prompt --isweb --db-server=192.168.1.1 --db-defaults

vicibox-install --no-prompt --isdb  --db-user=cron --db-pass=SuperS3cr3tP4ss! --db-name=asterisk --db-custom=custom --db-custom-pass=custom4321!

vicibox-install --no-prompt --isweb --isphone --db-server=192.168.1.1 --db-defaults

I like that idea. I'll add it to the list of milestones for V.10.

Zaraab wrote:I would like to request you to get one thing done which is, somehow Vultr( A cloud server hosting platform) is detecting the Autodialer(application/ feature) from the ISO. Though they do provide the privilege to install custom ISO but when the vicibox ISO is uploaded, they scan it and somehow they deny to upload the ISO due to the issue of unmasked existence of the "Autodialer" kind o thing in the ISO. Could you please consider the issue in your next ISO development and mask the "Autodialer" issue so that Vultr( A cloud server hosting platform) cannot detect it and let us install it?
Please!

If they are detecting that ViciDial is on the ISO then I'm not sure how I can mask that. ViciBox is a ViciDial centric distribution. If I remove ViciBox from it then it's just OpenSuSE with some default install options. If you want to spend some time figuring out what Voltr doesn't like besides "It finds ViciDial" I can try making small tweaks to the ISO, but making virtualized hosting providers happy with the ISO is not really a goal for ViciBox. If anything, when I'm done with ViciBox V.10 you can probably install OpenSuSE and then install the various vicibox packages to help bootstrap a server from scratch. You'll still need to do some work to get everything configured correctly.
Kumba

Postby ccabrera » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:04 am

Kumba,

Is there any way to "fork" Vicibox ISO? Like instead of getting access to the final product (it being the ISO), get access to the project where you created it, and then modify a copy of it before exporting it to our own ISO?

I believe that with SuseStudio you had this option, but as for now I'm completely lost on how you are building the ISO currently.
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby carpenox » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:42 am

What about having the option for a "scratch install to go" kinda thing, where you install whatever Linux distro, then it connects to a server to download the needed files from the /etc/src/astguiclient/conf directory for the vicibox-install after reaching out to the vicidial repo for dynportal,install and firewall packages and then after it grabs the needed files, proceeds with the installation....just an idea. dunno if its possible
carpenox

Postby Kumba » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 am

ccabrera wrote:Is there any way to "fork" Vicibox ISO? Like instead of getting access to the final product (it being the ISO), get access to the project where you created it, and then modify a copy of it before exporting it to our own ISO?

I believe that with SuseStudio you had this option, but as for now I'm completely lost on how you are building the ISO currently.

I'm using Kiwi to build ViciBox. Their documentation is here: https://osinside.github.io/kiwi/index.html
After I finish ViciBox v.10, I might release the source files. I haven't really decided yet.

carpenox wrote:What about having the option for a "scratch install to go" kinda thing, where you install whatever Linux distro, then it connects to a server to download the needed files from the /etc/src/astguiclient/conf directory for the vicibox-install after reaching out to the vicidial repo for dynportal,install and firewall packages and then after it grabs the needed files, proceeds with the installation....just an idea. dunno if its possible

The Open Build Service, where I'm building the new vicibox packages, support other distros like Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, Arch, etc. In theory, these packages could be made to install on these other distros. The biggest problem is I am not testing on these distributions. So I don't know what changes or cross-distro problems would occur.
Kumba

Postby Zaraab » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:47 pm

Kumba can you just then create & share the scratch commands or a (.sh) file through which we can run it and deploy the setup through command line!

Thanks!
A VICIDIAL ENTHUSIAST
Zaraab

Postby Kumba » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:39 am

Zaraab wrote:Kumba can you just then create & share the scratch commands or a (.sh) file through which we can run it and deploy the setup through command line

12-something years ago the initial version of ViciBox was done with bash scripts. The problem is you can't ever count on the base packages to be in a known good state. That's why the image-based distribution was created. That way I can make sure that what is supposed to be in the linux environment is and that it's the correct version, etc.

When I get ViciBox v.10 released you should be able to install the vicibox-install packages on OpenSuSE and have a system that's pretty close to being working. That's all a secondary priority at the moment. ViciBox as it's own install image takes precedence over all other considerations at the moment.
Kumba

Postby Zaraab » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 pm

Ok got you!
A VICIDIAL ENTHUSIAST
Zaraab

Postby Nefariousparity » Thu May 06, 2021 4:11 am

Over 15 years here. Put me in coach. :) We are dying to move away from 8.0.1
|| DB Schema Version: 1609 || Asterisk 11.25.1-vici || BUILD: 190902-0839 ||VERSION: 2.14-718a||SVN: 3133||10xTelephony||1x Database||1x Slave||1x Web||1x Archive||ViciBox v.8.0.1
Nefariousparity

Postby kashinc » Thu May 06, 2021 4:17 pm

agreed, cant wait for this release to come out!
kashinc

Postby ackote » Thu May 20, 2021 9:58 pm

root@pve:~# fdisk -l ViciBox_v9.raw
Disk ViciBox_v9.raw: 7.5 GiB, 8036286464 bytes, 15695872 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: gpt
Disk identifier: DDD8CF22-62D5-4090-9E0E-1E725F224096

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
ViciBox_v9.raw1 2048 6143 4096 2M BIOS boot
ViciBox_v9.raw2 6144 47103 40960 20M EFI System
ViciBox_v9.raw3 47104 8435711 8388608 4G Linux swap
ViciBox_v9.raw4 8435712 15695838 7260127 3.5G Linux filesystem

I am trying to create a pre-compile iso with Asterisk 16.x; can you guide me; As of now i am able to extract "Vicidial_9.raw.squashfs" to "ViciBox_v9.raw"; I need to understand how to build from this !!!

Thanks in advance

Kumba wrote:I've started work on ViciBox v.10. This will be based on OpenSuSE v.15.3 and Asterisk 13. This version will be moving to more packaged based maintenance items which should make updates and corrections to things like vicibox-install less problematic overall. Below are some bullet points of what is going into this version:

ackote

Postby carpenox » Thu May 27, 2021 8:09 pm

Hows the progress coming along Kumba?
carpenox

Postby kashinc » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:00 pm

how far are we?
kashinc

Postby carpenox » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:48 am

Kumba,

Im curious, are you working at all with pjsip on this next deployment of vicibox?
carpenox

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:01 pm

We have been testing PJSIP, it does things very differently as far as the configuration files goes when compared to the old chan_SIP module. So, there will need to be some code adjustments on the VICIdial side to make it work with PJSIP phone and trunk configurations, but that is on our list to do after VICIbox 10 is released. As for VICIbos 10 specifically, right now we are working on the last few associated software packages that have broken installs on the latest OpenSuSE version, so we are making progress.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby carpenox » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:14 pm

I may be able to help with that, here is a list I have put together of the packages for a scratch install on leap 15.2:

GeoIP-data
OpenIPMI
aaa_base
aaa_base-extras
adaptec-firmware
adjtimex
adobe-sourcesanspro-fonts
aggregate
apache2
apache2-example-pages
apache2-mod_cband
apache2-mod_php7
apache2-prefork
apache2-utils
asterisk*
asterisk-dahdi
asterisk-moh-base
asterisk-perl
asterisk-snmp
asterisk-sounds-base
augeas
augeas-lenses
base
bash
bash-completion
bc
bind-utils
blog
bonnie++
boost-license1_66_0
branding-openSUSE
btrfsprogs
btrfsprogs-udev-rules
bzip2
ca-certificates
ca-certificates-mozilla
captagent
checkmedia
chrony
chrony-pool-openSUSE
command-not-found
coreutils
cpio
cpupower
cracklib
cracklib-dict-full
cracklib-dict-full
cronie
cryptsetup
curl
dahdi-linux
dahdi-linux-kmp-default
dahdi-tools
dahdi-linux-devel
insserv-compat
libnewt0_52
libslang2
dbus-1
dbus-1-glib
ddclient
device-mapper
dhcp
dhcp-client
dialog
diffutils
dmidecode
dos2unix
dosfstools
dracut
dracut-kiwi-lib
dracut-kiwi-oem-dump
dracut-kiwi-oem-repart
e2fsprogs
ebtables
efibootmgr
elfutils
ethtool
extundelete
fdupes
file
file-magic
filesystem
fillup
findutils
firewall-macros
firewalld
fontconfig
fonts-config
fuse
gawk
gd
gettext-runtime
gfxboot
gfxboot-branding-openSUSE
gio-branding-openSUSE
girepository-1_0
git
git-core
glib2-tools
glibc
glibc-locale
glibc-locale-base
gnu-unifont-bitmap-fonts
gnu_ddrescue
google-opensans-fonts
gpart
gpg2
gptfdisk
grep
grub2
grub2-branding-openSUSE
grub2-i386-pc
grub2-x86_64-efi
gzip
hardlink
hdparm
hicolor-icon-theme
hostname
htop
hwdata
hwinfo
ifplugd
iftop
info
initviocons
insserv-compat
iotop
ipmitool
iprelay
iproute2
ipset
iptables
iptraf-ng
iputils
irqbalance
jeos-firstboot
kbd
kbd-legacy
kernel-default
kernel-firmware
kexec-tools
kmod
kmod-compat
kpartx
krb5
lame
libjansson4-2.13.1-lp152.29.1.x86_64
libjansson-devel
radiusclient-ng
libpri-devel
less
libFLAC8
libGeoIP1
libJudy1
libSDL-1_2-0
libX11-6
libX11-data
libXau6
libXext6
libXft2
libXpm4
libXrandr2
libXrender1
libacl1
libaio1
libao-plugins4
libao4
libapparmor1
libapr-util1
libapr1
libargon2-1
libasm1
libasound2
libassuan0
libasteriskssl1
libattr1
libaudit1
libaugeas0
libbind9-160
libblkid1
libboost_system1_66_0
libboost_thread1_66_0
libbrotlicommon1
libbrotlienc1
libbsd0
libbz2-1
libcairo2
libcap-ng0
libcap2
libcares2
libcom_err2
libcpupower0
libcrack2
libcroco-0_6-3
libcryptsetup12
libcurl4
libdaemon0
libdatrie1
libdb-4_8
libdbi3
libdbus-1-3
libdevmapper-event1_03
libdevmapper1_03
libdialog14
libdns169
libdrm2
libdw1
libebl-plugins
libedit0
libefivar1
libelf1
libexpat1
libext2fs2
libfdisk1
libffi7
libfl2
libfreebl3
libfreetype6
libfuse2
libgcc_s1
libgcrypt20
libgd3
libgdbm4
libgio-2_0-0
libgirepository-1_0-1
libglib-2_0-0
libglvnd
libgmime-2_6-0
libgmodule-2_0-0
libgmp10
libgnutls30
libgobject-2_0-0
libgomp1
libgpg-error0
libgpgme11
libgraphite2-3
libgslcblas0
libgsm1
libgthread-2_0-0
libharfbuzz0
libhiredis0_13
libhogweed4
libid3tag0
libidn11
libidn2-0
libiksemel3
libilbccodec2
libipset11
libirs160
libisc166
libisccc160
libisccfg160
libjack0
libjansson4
libjbig2
libjemalloc2
libjpeg8
libjson-c2
libjson-c3
libkeyutils1
libkmod2
libksba8
libldap-2_4-2
libldap-data
libldapcpp1
libltdl7
liblua5_3-5
liblwres160
liblz4-1
liblzma5
liblzo2-2
libmad0
libmagic1
libmariadb3
libmediacheck5
libmetalink3
libmnl0
libmodman1
libmount1
libmozjs-52
libmp3lame0
libncurses5
libncurses6
libnet9
libnetfilter_conntrack3
libnettle6
libnewt0_52
libnfnetlink0
libnghttp2-14
libnl-config
libnl3-200
libnm0
libnpth0
libnsl2
libntfs-3g87
libnuma1
libogg0
libopenr2-3
libopenssl1_0_0
libopenssl1_1
libopus0
libopusfile0
libosptk-4_13_0
libp11-kit0
libpango-1_0-0
libparted0
libpcap1
libpci3
libpcre1
libpcre2-8-0
libpixman-1-0
libpj2
libply-boot-client4
libply-splash-core4
libply-splash-graphics4
libply4
libpng16-16
libpolkit0
libpopt0
libportaudio2
libpri1_4
libprocps7
libproxy1
libpsl5
libpulse0
libpwquality1
libpython2_7-1_0
libpython3_6m1_0
libqrencode4
libreadline7
libreiserfscore0
libresample2
librrd8
libruby2_5-2_5
libsasl2-3
libseccomp2
libselinux1
libsemanage1
libsensors4
libsepol1
libserf-1-1
libsha1detectcoll1
libsigc-2_0-0
libslang2
libsmartcols1
libsmi
libsmi2
libsmputils1-1
libsndfile1
libsnmp30
libsoftokn3
libsolv-tools
libsox3
libspeex1
libspeexdsp1
libsqlite3-0
libsrtp1
libss7-2_0
libssh4
libstdc++6
libstorage-ng-ruby
libstorage-ng1
libsystemd0
libtasn1
libtasn1-6
libthai-data
libthai0
libtiff5
libtirpc-netconfig
libtirpc3
libtonezone2_0
libtwolame0
libudev1
libunistring2
liburiparser1
libusb-1_0-0
libutempter0
libutf8proc2
libuuid1
libuv1
libverto1
libvorbis0
libvorbisenc2
libvorbisfile3
libwavpack1
libwebrtc2
libwrap0
libxcb-render0
libxcb-shm0
libxcb1
libxml2-2
libxslt1
libxtables12
libyaml-0-2
libz1
libzck1
libzio1
libzip5
libzstd1
libzypp
live-langset-data
lksctp-tools
logrotate
lshw
lsscsi
lvm2
mailx
mariadb
mariadb-client
mariadb-errormessages
mdadm
memtest86+
mlocate
mozilla-nspr
mozilla-nss
mozilla-nss-certs
mpt-firmware
mpt-status
mtools
mtop
mtr
mydumper
mytop
nano
ncftp
ncurses-utils
net-snmp
net-tools-deprecated
netcfg
ngrep
ngrep-sip
nmap
ntfs-3g
ntfsprogs
numactl
numad
openr2
openslp
openssh
openssl
openssl-1_1
p11-kit
p11-kit-tools
pam
pam-config
parted
patch
patterns-base-base
patterns-base-basesystem
patterns-base-minimal_base
patterns-server-lamp_server
patterns-yast-yast2_basis
pciutils
perl
perl-Archive-Zip
perl-B-Hooks-EndOfScope
perl-Bootloader
perl-Class-Load
perl-Class-Load-XS
perl-Class-Mix
perl-Crypt-CBC
perl-Crypt-Curve25519
perl-Crypt-Eksblowfish
perl-Crypt-IDEA
perl-Crypt-RC4
perl-CryptX
perl-Curses
perl-DBD-MariaDB
perl-DBD-mysql
perl-DBI
perl-Data-OptList
perl-Data-Peek
perl-Devel-GlobalDestruction
perl-Devel-OverloadInfo
perl-Devel-StackTrace
perl-Digest-MD5-File
perl-Digest-Perl-MD5
perl-Digest-SHA1
perl-Dist-CheckConflicts
perl-Encode
perl-Encode-Locale
perl-Error
perl-Eval-Closure
perl-File-HomeDir
perl-File-Listing
perl-File-Path
perl-File-Remove
perl-File-Slurp
perl-File-Temp
perl-File-Which
perl-Font-AFM
perl-GD
perl-HTML-Format
perl-HTML-Parser
perl-HTML-Strip
perl-HTML-Tagset
perl-HTML-Tree
perl-HTTP-Cookies
perl-HTTP-Daemon
perl-HTTP-Date
perl-HTTP-Message
perl-HTTP-Negotiate
perl-IO-HTML
perl-IO-Pty-Easy
perl-IO-Socket-SSL
perl-IO-String
perl-IO-Tty
perl-IO-stringy
perl-Jcode
perl-LWP-MediaTypes
perl-LWP-Protocol-https
perl-MD5
perl-MIME-Types
perl-MIME-tools
perl-MRO-Compat
perl-Mail-Box
perl-Mail-IMAPClient
perl-Mail-Message
perl-Mail-POP3Client
perl-Mail-Sendmail
perl-Mail-Transport
perl-MailTools
perl-Math-GMP
perl-Math-Int64
perl-Module-Implementation
perl-Module-Runtime
perl-Module-Runtime-Conflicts
perl-Moose
perl-MySQL-Diff
perl-Net-Daemon
perl-Net-FTPSSL
perl-Net-HTTP
perl-Net-HTTPTunnel
perl-Net-SFTP
perl-Net-SSH-Perl
perl-Net-SSLeay
perl-Net-Server
perl-Net-Telnet
perl-OLE-Storage_Lite
perl-Object-Realize-Later
perl-Package-DeprecationManager
perl-Package-Stash
perl-Package-Stash-XS
perl-Params-Classify
perl-Params-Util
perl-Parse-RecDescent
perl-PerlIO-gzip
perl-Proc-ProcessTable
perl-RPC-XML
perl-SNMP
perl-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel
perl-Spreadsheet-Read
perl-Spreadsheet-ReadSXC
perl-Spreadsheet-WriteExcel
perl-Spreadsheet-XLSX
perl-String-CRC32
perl-Sub-Exporter
perl-Sub-Exporter-Progressive
perl-Sub-Identify
perl-Sub-Install
perl-Sub-Name
perl-Sub-Uplevel
perl-Switch
perl-Term-ReadKey
perl-TermReadLine-Gnu
perl-Test-Exception
perl-Test-NoWarnings
perl-Test-Simple
perl-Test-Warnings
perl-Text-CSV
perl-Text-CSV_XS
perl-Time-Local
perl-TimeDate
perl-Try-Tiny
perl-URI
perl-Unicode-Map
perl-User-Identity
perl-Variable-Magic
perl-WWW-Curl
perl-WWW-Curl-Simple
perl-WWW-RobotRules
perl-X500-DN
perl-XML-NamespaceSupport
perl-XML-Parser
perl-XML-SAX
perl-XML-SAX-Base
perl-XML-SAX-Expat
perl-XML-Simple
perl-base
perl-gettext
perl-libwww-perl
perl-namespace-clean
permissions
php-pear-XML_RPC
php7
php7-bz2
php7-ctype
php7-curl
php7-dom
php7-ftp
php7-gd
php7-gettext
php7-iconv
php7-json
php7-mbstring
php7-mysql
php7-opcache
php7-openssl
php7-pdo
php7-pear
php7-pear-Archive_Tar
php7-soap
php7-tokenizer
php7-xmlreader
php7-xmlrpc
php7-xmlwriter
php7-zip
php7-zlib
phpMyAdmin
pico
pigz
pinentry
pkg-config
ploticus
plymouth
plymouth-branding-openSUSE
plymouth-dracut
plymouth-plugin-label
plymouth-plugin-script
plymouth-plugin-two-step
plymouth-scripts
polkit
polkit-default-privs
postfix
procinfo
procmail
procps
psmisc
pv
pwgen
python
python-base
python-eyeD3
python-rpm-macros
python3
python3-PyYAML
python3-acme
python3-appdirs
python3-asn1crypto
python3-base
python3-bind
python3-certbot
python3-certifi
python3-cffi
python3-chardet
python3-configargparse
python3-configobj
python3-cryptography
python3-curses
python3-dbus-python
python3-decorator
python3-distro
python3-firewall
python3-future
python3-gobject
python3-idna
python3-josepy
python3-linux-procfs
python3-mock
python3-ndg-httpsclient
python3-ordered-set
python3-packaging
python3-parsedatetime
python3-ply
python3-py
python3-pyOpenSSL
python3-pyRFC3339
python3-pyasn1
python3-pycparser
python3-pyparsing
python3-pytz
python3-pyudev
python3-requests
python3-requests-toolbelt
python3-rpm
python3-setuptools
python3-six
python3-slip
python3-slip-dbus
python3-solv
python3-urllib3
python3-zope.component
python3-zope.deferredimport
python3-zope.deprecation
python3-zope.event
python3-zope.hookable
python3-zope.interface
python3-zope.proxy
recode
rpm
rsync
ruby
ruby-common
ruby2.5
ruby2.5-rubygem-abstract_method
ruby2.5-rubygem-cfa
ruby2.5-rubygem-cfa_grub2
ruby2.5-rubygem-cheetah
ruby2.5-rubygem-fast_gettext
ruby2.5-rubygem-gem2rpm
ruby2.5-rubygem-ruby-augeas
ruby2.5-rubygem-ruby-dbus
ruby2.5-rubygem-simpleidn
ruby2.5-stdlib
scout
screen
sed
sensord
sensors
shadow
shared-mime-info
shim
sipp
sipsak
smartmontools
smp_utils
sngrep
snmp-mibs
sox
sshfs
stress-ng
subversion
sudo
suse-module-tools
sysconfig
sysconfig-netconfig
syslinux
sysstat
system-group-hardware
system-user-ftp
system-user-mail
system-user-nobody
system-user-root
system-user-wwwrun
systemd
systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE
systemd-presets-common-SUSE
systemd-sysvinit
sysuser-shadow
sysvinit-tools
tar
tcl
tcpdump
telnet
terminfo-base
thin-provisioning-tools
timezone
tnftp
ttyload
tuned
typelib-1_0-NM-1_0
ucode-amd
ucode-intel
udev
unixODBC
unzip
update-alternatives
usbutils
util-linux
util-linux-systemd
vim
vim-data-common
virt-what
vlan
voicesync
voicesync-kmp-default
vsftpd
wget
which
wicked
wicked-service
xfsprogs
xtables-addons
xtables-plugins
xz
zip
carpenox

Postby carpenox » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:04 pm

I see you have the download for v10 on the downloads folder, which asterisk did you end up going with? im giving it a run now
carpenox

Postby Zaraab » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:57 am

I would like to connect with you .. Please let me know your email
A VICIDIAL ENTHUSIAST
Zaraab

Postby rustynail » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:26 am

mflorell wrote:We have been testing PJSIP, it does things very differently as far as the configuration files goes when compared to the old chan_SIP module. So, there will need to be some code adjustments on the VICIdial side to make it work with PJSIP phone and trunk configurations, but that is on our list to do after VICIbox 10 is released. As for VICIbos 10 specifically, right now we are working on the last few associated software packages that have broken installs on the latest OpenSuSE version, so we are making progress.

Hi, I have been working on this and have modified keep alive script to add pjsip entries for endpoint, auth and aor etc in conf along with sip entry. I am also working on totally websocket based dialer with minimal scripts and db interaction so as to increase performance so will be happy to hear more in this regard.

Cheers!
rustynail

Postby mflorell » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:47 am

Would you be able to post your changes to the svn/trunk codebase to the Issue Tracker please?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby carpenox » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:30 am

matt,

has there been any progress with the vb-firewall for v10 yet? it still blocks everything once you apply dynamic or whitelist to it...

Chris
carpenox

Postby callcentertech » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:19 pm

I have been learning Kiwi thing for last few days.

Kumba wrote:
ccabrera wrote:Is there any way to "fork" Vicibox ISO? Like instead of getting access to the final product (it being the ISO), get access to the project where you created it, and then modify a copy of it before exporting it to our own ISO?

I'm using Kiwi to build ViciBox. Their documentation is here: https://osinside.github.io/kiwi/index.html
After I finish ViciBox v.10, I might release the source files. I haven't really decided yet.

carpenox wrote:What about having the option for a "scratch install to go" kinda thing, where you install whatever Linux distro, then it connects to a server to download the needed files from the /etc/src/astguiclient/conf directory for the vicibox-install after reaching out to the vicidial repo for dynportal,install and firewall packages and then after it grabs the needed files, proceeds with the installation....just an idea. dunno if its possible

The Open Build Service, where I'm building the new vicibox packages, support other distros like Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, Arch, etc. In theory, these packages could be made to install on these other distros. The biggest problem is I am not testing on these distributions. So I don't know what changes or cross-distro problems would occur.
Email: kaushal@callcentertech.net, Phone/WhatsApp: +1 (636)-556-0022
Web: https://www.callcentertech.net, Skype: live:52956f35f3283f55
Fully Automated VICIdial Installer https://www.callcentertech.net/vicifast/
callcentertech

Postby callcentertech » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:54 pm

We already done it but did not make the code open as this piece of code powers our proprietery VICIdial Hosting platform. Folks can still use our platform to install vicidial on multiple distros here, free and unlimited..
https://my.callcentertech.net/index.php ... stall-free

More information here:
https://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/ ... 83#p148838

The Open Build Service, where I'm building the new vicibox packages, support other distros like Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, Arch, etc. In theory, these packages could be made to install on these other distros. The biggest problem is I am not testing on these distributions. So I don't know what changes or cross-distro problems would occur.[/quote][/quote]
Email: kaushal@callcentertech.net, Phone/WhatsApp: +1 (636)-556-0022
Web: https://www.callcentertech.net, Skype: live:52956f35f3283f55
Fully Automated VICIdial Installer https://www.callcentertech.net/vicifast/
callcentertech

Postby SPAMSAM » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:56 am

I see Vicibox 10 is the default download if you go to the link below:
http://vicibox.org/server/index.html

Does that mean it can be considered ready for production? Or is there still a ways to go?
SPAMSAM

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo