translation

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

translation

Postby mati » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:36 pm

Hello,

I want to make client interface translation for polish language. What is the proper procedure. Are you interested in adding this translation to distribution?
mati

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:51 pm

I would love to add Polish to our list of translations.

All you need to do to translate is to manually translate two language phrase files, one for the user interfaces and one for the admin interfaces.

We recommend that you start with the user interface since it is smaller and less complex.

Also, to completely translate the user-interfaces you would need to create some new images of the buttons, but that is not necessary for the functionallity to work properly.

first take the file translations/es_language.txt and use a UTF8-compliant text editor like SuperEdi(http://www.wolosoft.com/en/superedi/) and save the file as pl_language.txt. Then go into the file and remove the Spanish translation for each English phrase and put your new Polish translation in there. Do this for every phrase in the file and then send it back to me and I will run the translation file through the converted and send you back the user-interface pages fully converted.

Some notes about translating:
- make sure you leave the pipe "|" before and after each converted phrase or the conversion process will not work
- make sure you save the file as UTF8 or I will not be able to see any special non-latin characters that you may have entered

Thanks and good luck, let me know if you have any other questions,

MATT---
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development